Friday, July 17, 2009

"Siouxicide" on the Rosebud Rez - please keep up prayer

WE HAD A SEASON OF PRAYER LAST YEAR, BUT WE NEED TO KEEP IT UP. I AM GETTING INFORMATION FROM A SIOUX FALLS SEMINARY GROUP THAT IS BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS ON THE RESERVATION, INCLUDING A SISTER IN CHRIST NAMED DEB NEWCOMB. SHE WRITES:

"It means so much that you care. There are many Lakota that, while they don't know about Christianity, they are interested in our Jesus. And they know that when you pray, you talk to the same God that they call Creator. They are trying to understand us as much as we're trying to understand them. Whatever you do with this information, however you pray, know that what you do is appreciated not just by us, but by many of them, too."

3 comments:

The Archer of the Forest said...

I know the priest on Standing Rock has told me they have the same problems up there. Very sad. Pray for them as well.

Alice C. Linsley said...

I'm praying and asking others to pray also. I wish there were more I could do.

My veriword was 'alize' :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice thanks for the sharing...................

___________________
Smarry
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels