Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Actually, this is better if you can't sleep...

It's tomorrow morning's Psalm in the 1928 Book of Common Prayer, but, what the heck... keep your own Vigil!

The Fifty-Seventh Psalm
BE merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me; for my soul trusteth in thee; * and under the shadow of thy wings shall be my refuge, until this tyranny be overpast.

I will call unto the Most High God, * even unto the God that shall perform the cause which I have in hand.
He shall send from heaven, * and save me from the reproof of him that would eat me up.
God shall send forth his mercy and truth: * my soul is among lions;
And I lie even among the children of men, that are set on fire, * whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens; * and thy glory above all the earth.
They have laid a net for my feet, and pressed down my soul; * they have digged a pit before me, and are fallen into the midst of it themselves.
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed; * I will sing and give praise.
Awake up, my glory; awake, lute and harp: * I myself will awake right early.
I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the peoples; * and I will sing unto thee among the nations.
For the greatness of thy mercy reacheth unto the heavens, * and thy truth unto the clouds.
Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens; * and thy glory above all the earth.
GLORY be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost;
AS it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

No comments: