Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time for a break

I need to take a break from blogging.

After giving thanks this week for God's provision of some financial relief, I realized how weary I am from four years of struggling with family health and financial burdens, multiple jobs, church stuff (normal and not-so-normal), etc. The death of a parishioner this weekend made the realization more acute.

I have a bunch of "deferred maintenance" needs. I've been taking better care of my health and have lost 20 lbs. over the summer. Feeling much better physically, but there's still just too much stuff that needs my attention.

On the church front, there's this observation from a friend who walked out on the Episcopalian melodrama:

There's really not much to say that people haven't heard; people have chosen their directions and are not changing their minds.

There have been enough words, and plenty of warning. Most ideas are simply recycling now.

Thanks for your prayers - those offered and those to come. God is good. May Christ's peace be with you.