Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just in case you're flying over...

Anglican blogs around the U.S. and abroad have been lit up by Pope Benedict's recent "Apostolic Constitution."

To give some idea of the disconnect between coastal/urban and "flyover" Episcopalians, let me just say that not a single parishioner has asked about this. Not a single coffee hour question.

John Tarrant was consecrated as Episcopal Bishop of South Dakota on October 31st (coincidentally my 5th anniversary here at Good Shepherd). Bishop Paul Swain of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls attended. Neither Bishop mentioned Apostolic Constitution or the migration of folks between their churches.

3 comments:

The Archer of the Forest said...

Well, there aren't that many of us Anglo-catholics out here. I mean, I did the incense for the Bishop's consecration by default because I was one of the few who knew how to do it.

I think the Apostolic Constitution is really geared more for the Anglo-catholics in England that General Synod has been absolutely treating horridly the last few years as well as the Traditional Anglican Communion. There is an Anglican Rite Use here in the States that has not really gone anywhere.

TLF+ said...

Yeah, I agree that this is much bigger news for the CofE, with a more organized, historic Anglo Catholic presence and the ham fisted approach to establishing women as bishops over them.

BillB said...

Glad to see you back on the blog. Hope your are refreshed as I have always enjoyed your postings.