From November, 2007, The Reverend Dr. David Handy, PhD, offers this argument in favor of Anglican reformation and realignment. I was a newbie blogger, and had real problems with formatting this when he first submitted it. It is a long piece, but well worth reading and now 'tis a bit more readable. His five arguments are
1. Present Anglican polity has severe design flaws.
2. Our doctrinal boundaries are too vague.
3. Current "Instruments of Communion" are not up to current challenges.
4. Liturgical chaos prevents unity.
5. Doctrine trumps polity and Scripture trumps tradition, not vice versa.
Read his developed thoughts here.