Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rosebud Reservation Tribal Chair calls for "War on Suicide"

This news is so awful - go here and, if it is showing, look at the statistics in the sidebar.

As posted a few days ago on this blog, crime rates on another reservation are soaring. Poverty is among the worst in the U.S. on several Reservations.

Sadly, the recent visit of the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church had more talk about homosexual entitlement than about these issues.

I am a White guy living in a nice city. But I am going to ask the American Anglican Council/South Dakota Chapter to engage in prayer and fasting, asking Jesus to help the people on the Rosebud wage this war on suicide.

I will post some special prayers and resources over the next few days - but I invite all readers of this blog to pray for these people who walk in the shadow of death. May the Good Shepherd come with his rod and staff to strike the forces that prey on the people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally do not live on this reservation, but my roots are from here! In my opinion, I believe that you should go to the people of the tribe and ask them if you can 'bless them' and ask your 'jesus' to help them. Not everyone believes in your religion and may get offended by your actions.