Friday, November 21, 2008

Things to See and Do in Babylon: Storm Chasing!

As I looked, I saw a great storm coming from the north, driving before it a huge cloud that flashed with lightning and shone with brilliant light. There was fire inside the cloud, and in the middle of the fire glowed something like gleaming amber... All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining in the clouds on a rainy day. This is what the glory of the Lord looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone’s voice speaking to me.
Ezekiel 1:4, 28

Do you make room for the glory of God in your prayer and worship? Or are you too busy piling up words, trying to figure out problems and obsessing over other "me, myself and I" stuff?

Since we're here in Babylon with all kinds of time on our hands (for the moment, at least), why not be still and watch for the glory? You can't conjure it up or control it, but you can wait for it in prayer. Read your Bible, pray, be still and just wait sometimes...


Look to the LORD and his strength;

seek his face always.

I Chronicles 6:11


My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"

Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 27:8


For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

II Corinthians 4:6

No comments: