Friday, August 13, 2010

Tears and light

I don't want to be melodramatic but today God put me back in touch with my life's purpose. It's late here and I'm too tired to write it all out at the moment - all I can say is that the constraints in my life - the challenges against which I chafe and complain - now make sense in light of II Timothy 4:17, a message from an apostle on lock down,

"But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed..."

It has been a day of tears - the good kind - and light for me. I'm sure I'll have more to say about things in coming weeks.

I'll close with a quote from Christian novelist Jeanette Windle, who spoke here tonight,

"Our safety is not in the absence of the storm, but in the presence of our God."

1 comment:

Undergroundpewster said...

What joy when we are rapt in his arms.