...that the current Triennial Budget (2010-12) spends our donated money on
- an "Advocacy Center" budgeted for over 6.6 million dollars (line 231) and that this includes:
- almost $700,000 to maintain a "Washington Field Office" (line 210);
- over $1,000,000 just to staff the Advocacy Center (line 204);
- a "Peace, International Affairs and Migration" department that will spend more than 80% of its million dollar budget on staff (lines 225 thru 230, inclusive);
- Lobbying for militant pro-abortion positions including opposition to any restrictions on abortion, including parental notification in cases of pregnant minors? (Note: that is not the stated position of the Diocese of South Dakota, which last time I checked had resolved "respectful debate" rather than advocacy on the issue);
- An office for "Anti-Racism, Racial Justice and Gender Equality" that (you guessed it) spends over half it's budget on staff (lines 219-223 inclusive)?
Did you realize that so much of our money is sent to New York just so a handful of like-minded activists can ride their hobby horses?
And that's not even beginning to count the millions of discretionary dollars we give them to sue other Christians to keep church buildings empty.
For you put up with it when someone makes slaves of you, or preys upon you, or takes advantage of you, or puts on airs, or gives you a slap in the face.
II Corinthians 11:20