Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Parishioner's Prayer Request for Her Home Town

Spring is beautiful here, but with the changes in weather come more chances for tornado conditions. Iowa and Minnesota both suffered fatalities and destruction in recent days. One of my parishioners sent this message:

Hello my friends-

I just thought that I would pass along that my hometown of Parkersburg, IA was severely hit by a tornado on Sunday night and 1/3 of the town is gone. It appears that over 200 homes are completely gone and 400 damaged (town is under 2000 residents), with 4-6 people dead. I have been watching the details the last 24 hours and talking with friends who live there and it does appear to be devasting. There is a lot of information online if you search under "Parkersburg IA tornado".

It appears that our farm and home town chrch are still standing but it is a strange feeling to know so many people who have lost their home in an instant.

Please keep Parkersburg residents in your prayers tonight and if you hear a tornado warning take cover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, we are so sorry to hear of your devastation. You are in our daily prayers.
We would like to be a blessing to someone in your community. My husband and I have a luxury RV that we are selling but are willing to take much less to do just that. This is a unit you can live in full time in Iowa Winters. We actually lived in Dsm for two years in it while we relocated. I can email photos and info if you know of anyone who might be interested. Karen 515-745-9954 Bless you!

TLF+ said...

Thanks, kburke... I passed your message on to the parishioner!