Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Guns 'N' Roses Good Friday Thought (?)

Warning: don't watch if rock concert ambience offends, if you don't like smoking, or if you are freaked by shirtless sweaty guys.

It's from the very last trac on "Appetite for Destruction", which I think was the best rock album ever.

You can skip most of the "Rocket Queen" lyrics and go right to the 4:37 mark for the bit o' power ballad at the end. Yeah, it's rock guy singing to rock girl, but I can imagine John of the Cross checking out these lyrics and saying, "Ah, a song of the soul to Christ and Christ to the soul." See what you think:

I see you standin'
Standin' on your own
It's such a lonely place for you
For you to be
If you need a shoulder
Or if you need a friend
I'll be here standing
Until the bitter end
No one needs the sorrow
No one needs the pain
I hate to see you
Walking out there
Out in the rain
So don't chastise me
Or think I, I mean you harm
Of those that take you
Leave you strung out
Much too far
Baby-yeah

Don't ever leave me
Say you'll always be there
All I ever wanted
Was for you
To know that I care

Hey, if nothing else, just enjoy Slash working the frets and Axl in better days. And this proves that good things came out of L.A.., despite that Fountain guy.

"You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross." (Letter to the Colossians 2:13-15)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Great stuff.